A Foot in the Door: Increasing Your Chances to Get a Library Job Interview
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:00 – 3:30pm
Have you seen a job that matches your experience, applied for it, and never even been called in for an interview? It might be that you need to brush up on your job application skills! Your cover letter, resume, or attention to detail may be hindering your success in the job search process.
In this webinar, librarians from Brighton Memorial Library who have been involved in filling numerous position vacancies, resume screenings, and interviews in the last 15 years will share:
- what NOT to do in a job application
- how to improve your application materials
- how to increase your chances to get an interview and hopefully the position you want!
Attendees will learn:
1. How to assess a job announcement
2. How to optimize your resume
3. How to effectively pull all of your materials together and apply for a job
4. How to present yourself in the best light in order to get an interview
Deena Viviani, Young Adult, Programming, & Circulation Services Librarian, Brighton Memorial Library
Kory Yerkes, Media, Network & Volunteer Services Manager, Brighton Memorial Library
Note: The primary audience for this workshop is public library staff, but all are welcome.
Free to RRLC & ESLN Members. This webinar will be held on Zoom Webinar; registration is required.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for one hour and 30 minutes of CE credit. Please note that this webinar will not be recorded.
If you have any questions, please contact Tina Broomfield.