RRLC Library Delivery Schedule
In order to ensure quick delivery of library materials, RRLC coordinates delivery services for its member libraries. This service connects the major academic libraries in the region with public and school libraries through their system offices. RRLC provides four delivery options (fees apply):
- RRLC Delivery – through a contract with Associated Couriers, LLC — for access to local libraries (see chart below)
- RRLC Delivery with connection to Empire Library Delivery
- Empire Library Delivery (without connection to RRLC Delivery)
- FedEx Small Package Delivery (NYS contract pricing)
RRLC Delivery: Member libraries pay a shared fee for this service. Delivery is Monday-Friday, except major holidays, at the participating libraries. Less than daily delivery is also offered. Special pick-ups are available for an additional fee. See below for the delivery schedule.
RRLC Delivery with connection to Empire Library Delivery: For an additional fee, libraries that participate in RRLC Deliverycan also send materials to libraries across the state that are participating in Empire Library Delivery. Materials from ELD libraries are delivered to participating local libraries by JetX.
FedEx Small Package Delivery: RRLC coordinated regional participation in the NYS contract with FedEx for small package delivery, featuring:
- An easy-to-use web-based shipping system
- Flat rates for delivery based on shipping Zone
- Centralized billing with RRLC and NYS contract pricing (significant savings over retail pricing)
- Package tracking