RRLC Library Delivery Schedule
In order to ensure quick delivery of library materials, RRLC coordinates delivery services for its member libraries. This service connects the major academic libraries in the region with public and school libraries through their system offices. RRLC provides four delivery options (fees apply):
- RRLC Delivery – through a contract with local courier JetX — for access to local libraries (see chart below)
- RRLC Delivery with connection to Empire Library Delivery
- Empire Library Delivery (without connection to RRLC Delivery)
- UPS CampusShip
RRLC Delivery: Member libraries pay a shared fee for this service. Delivery is Monday-Friday, except major holidays, at the participating libraries. Less than daily delivery is also offered. Special pick-ups are available for an additional fee. See below for the delivery schedule.
RRLC Delivery with connection to Empire Library Delivery: For an additional fee, libraries that participate in RRLC Deliverycan also send materials to libraries across the state that are participating in Empire Library Delivery. Materials from ELD libraries are delivered to participating local libraries by JetX.
UPS CampusShip: A subscription to UPS CampusShip is available to member libraries, featuring:
- An easy-to-use web-based shipping system
- Next day delivery (by close of business) for delivery in most of NY
- A shared corporate address book
- Centralized billing with RRLC and NYS contract pricing (approximately 25% – 50% less than UPS “list” price)
- UPS tracking of every package