PILLARS Symposium 2022 – Accessibility in Education
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join ESLN for the PILLARS Symposium 2022 on July 13, 2022!
PILLARS (Preparation, Information Literacy, Libraries, Academic Resources, and 21st Century Skills for Transitioning from Secondary School to College)
This year’s topic is “Accessibility in Education” with Keynote Speaker Judith Heumann.
- 10 a.m. – Enhancing Accessibility: Five Strategies to Apply Tomorrow – Amber Eakin & Mary Snyder
- 10 a.m. – We’re All Individuals!: Differentiation in Library Instruction – Kathy Starks
- 11 a.m. – Designing Digital-Age Learning Ecosystems for ELLs – Heather Rubin
- 11 a.m. – Making LibGuides More Accessible Through a Universal Design Framework – Lauren Kehoe
- 1 p.m. – Helping Undergraduate English Language Learners Through Information Literacy Obstacles – Bryan Sajecki & Keith T. Nichols
- 1 p.m. – Bridging the Gap – Shawn Lemieux
- 2 p.m. – Keynote speaker: Judith Heumann
**During each hour, there will be two simultaneous sessions, except for 2 p.m. when we hear from our keynote speaker.**
Registrants will also have access to two pre-recorded sessions.
Please see our website for descriptions of the presentations and registration information.
For ESLN members and RRLC members, as well as students, retirees, and the under/unemployed, this event is presented at no cost.
Other educators in New York State: $10
Non-members / out of state guests: $25
Both CTLE and CE credit will be available to all who attend the live event.
For more information, visit the PILLARS Symposium website or email the PILLARS Symposium Planning Committee at email@example.com
Register here: https://www.esln.org/events/
Visit our Policies Page for information on our Code of Conduct, Registration Policies and requesting interpreter services.